2/14/2007

Like a Good Movie

There are five children in my household. Jodi and I like to watch movies together with the kids. They have been known to ask a few questions while the movie is playing. "Why did He say that?" "Who are the good guys?" "What is going to Happen?" "Why did she do that?" With movies some things are meant to unfold as you go. Some things are meant to develop and become more clear as the work proceeds. The viewers will miss out on the progression if they are stopped with every question that might be asked. Similarly, a shallow but complete reading of Isaiah may actually improve our depth perception of all it's parts. I just finished reading it and I am enjoying having the whole thing just sort of work on me. And I am actually feeling a bit motivated to run back through it hopefully with a better feel for what I may have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment